No. 1081/1090 Index Prev Next
From: aloe@rev.net
Newsgroups: fj.soc.copyright,alt.music.mp3.napster,law.school.copyright,tnn.law.copyright,alt.napster,misc.int-property,soc.history.property
Subject: Re: Comparative copyright and copyright history may subvert current copyright trends
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:15:29 GMT

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 07:53:11 -0400, Dave  wrote:

> Unless your talking about microorganisms, cultures do not grow in a Petri
> dish. You cannot possibly take one aspect of a culture and expect it to work
> the same in another entirely different culture.

Sometimes they work better.

> It reminds me of people
> screaming for socialization of certain programs here in the United States.

Has anyone made an audio recording of the screaming? There seems to be a
market for any novelty.

> For instance, they want the health care socialized health care systems of
> other countries and use them as examples.

Why re-invent the wheel?

The human body is remarkably similar around the world. Tourists who visit
foreign brothels report little difficulty fitting the parts together.

> Watch what happens when they get
> hit with the tax bill.

There will be complaints, but not many from the advocates.

> You're comparing apples and oranges, and should know
> better.

Botanists and nutritionists compare apples and oranges all the time, for
color, size, chemical composition, etc. There may even be growers in
California who consider both in deciding what to plant.

What evidence does Dave suggest examining to predict economic behavior?
Should we use ouija boards or tarot cards? If so, would he agree to abide
by the results?

Next
Continue < s1AE5.432789$8u4.5159418@news1.rdc1.bc.home.com>
< 39e4019d.9706400@news.rev.net>